As we all navigate through the new world order following the coronavirus outbreak we appreciate the community and our partners coming together for our families in St. Lucie County. We are committed to serving our community in this time of need.
Please help support our efforts by making a contribution to the options below.
Thank you for your donation to our on-going response to the COVID-19 emergency.
As you know, this is our 25th anniversary year. Because we have 25-years of experience, we are uniquely positioned to help the community through this pandemic emergency.
- We have a caring team of professionally trained staff.
- Strategic locations in neighborhoods with the greatest need,
- and strong partnerships with local governments, businesses, and community leaders – we’re all working together.
Beginning when public schools and our Clubs closed to help slow the spread of COVID-19, Boys & Girls Club has mobilized to assist the community in several areas:
- We’re providing around the clock child care in four of our Clubhouses for essential workers including first responders, healthcare workers and other employees critical to keeping St. Lucie County operating safely.
- We’re distributing 1,200 pre-packaged to go meals every day to children, families and anyone in need.
- We’re broadcasting our upbeat “Virtual Club” every day for children through the Internet. Positive activities help reduce stress and keep kids active and learning.
- We’re sharing important resources and information with parents to help them cope with COVID-19 related issues including job loss, lack of food, and mental and physical health issues.
We need three things right now that maybe you can help with:
- We need 40-50 volunteers every day from 4:00 – 6:00 PM to help distribute pre-packaged to go meals. We follow all CDC requirements for social distancing and provide gloves and hand sanitizer. If you, or anyone you know, would like to volunteer, they can go to https://bgcslc.rocks/food to choose a day and sign up.
- We need help reaching children and parents to share our daily “Virtual Club” show, and helpful resources and information. You can like us on Facebook – BGCOFSLC – and then share our posts with your friends. We’re also posting daily on Instagram and Twitter and would appreciate you sharing those posts as well.
- And of course, we need money and supplies. Right now, all cash donations are going into our COVID-19 Response Fund unless otherwise designated by the donor. Supplies needed are for the Clubhouses – hand soap, toilet paper, paper towels, mops, brooms, board games, soccer balls, crayons and coloring books, DVD’s, snacks, bottled water, etc.